Wednesday 22 February 2012

Welcome and Thanks

Welcome to my blog!
Over the past couple of months I have enjoyed reading and been inspired by the blogs of fellow club members. This has prompted me to jump on the blogging band wagon with the hope of inspiring others by sharing my experiences while also keeping people up to date on my activities.

I'd like to open this blog by thanking all the people who have helped me along my way over the past 20 years. You never get enough recognition for your part!
Firstly, mum and dad. Without you I never would have achieved anything. Thanks for your support through all of my endeavours; successful, not so successful, and disastrous!
Secondly, thanks to my sister for putting up with me and all the talk of bikes and all things triathlon ;)
Next on the list are all of my coaches over the years; Cynthia Harwood, Di Gray, Mike Hoult, Peter Wilkinson, Greg Lynch, Dion Walmsley, Matt Bury, my current coach Cath Rogers, and all those who have had smaller coaching roles. You have all inspired me to give my best and taught me many things.
Special mentions go to Di and Wilko for first helping me realise that I had potential, and to Cath for helping me fulfil that potential.
Thank you to everyone at Penguins swimming club for your part in helping me learn to love competitive sport and all those at Armidale triathlon club and Armidale cycling club for getting me started in Triathlon.
Thank you to all of my friends who have shown interest in my sport. Your belief in me has helped to keep me motivated.
Lastly, thank you to all my friends at Vision triathlon club. Your friendship and support has made training and racing a real joy.

For those of you that do not know, I recently raced in my first open elite ITU race - Geelong Sprint Triathlon Premium Oceania Cup, finishing 12th. My race report will follow shortly but for now I leave you with a quote from the latest Triathlon 220 magazine. For anyone who has seen (or heard of) my bike collection you’ll know this definitely relates to me!
“The correct number of bikes to own is n+1, where ‘n’ is the number of bikes currently owned”


Until next time,
Gillian

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gillian

    What a good idea! Well done on your last tri. I really hope your blog inspires others to give it all just as you have. It's the only way to realise your potential and your dreams.

    You may have had others help along the way but to be of help there had to be someone willing to do the work! That was you :) A great journey to watch

    Looking forward to reading more of your journey.

    Best wishes
    Cheers
    Di



    Look forward to reading many more stories :)

    ReplyDelete